Cynthia "The View's" Next New Host?

This blog is about Cynthia and her journey to become the newest co-host on "The View"

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Another Day in Pergatory...

Yesterday, I was presented with a new challenge in my quest to become the Next New Host on The View. As you are aware, September 29th is the day I selected to meet Bill Geddie and the ladies of The View. My strategy? Work with my local ABC affiliate friends to get a VIP backstage pass for the show on Sept. 29th. That way, if the stars weren't aligned and I didn't get a formal interview, I'd at least have the opportunity to meet everyone in person and watch the show live. Not a bad consolation prize. (Maybe they'd vote me Miss Congeniality.)

A little over a month ago, getting the VIP pass with backstage access was "not a problem, just tell me when you want to go". A few weeks ago I requested a specific date... Sept. 29th. This time, the date "shouldn't be a problem, it's far enough out that you should be fine." So, I finalized the date and made arrangements for the trip.

Then came yesterday...and a voice message from my ABC contact saying, "Hey Cindy, uh, give me a call." This was not good. If she had had good news she would have said "Hey girl! I've got your passes! Call me!" I figured I'd rather hear bad news now before my immagination puts some weird spin on it like "They found out you were the "Next New Host on the View" chick with the blog and have ordered a SWAT team to keep you out of the building." But when I called her back, instead of being blackballed from "The View", she told me "Cindy, I've got bad news. They changed the rules for VIP passes. Now, they only issue them to station employees...no exceptions. I've got one other person I can talk to but... here, let me give you this phone number for the ticket request line, maybe you'll have some luck there"

My stomach had that immediate burn usually associated with cheap white wine, "But, but," I stammered", I planned my whole "New Host on The View" campaign strategy around that VIP pass... is there anyone else we can talk to? What if you hire me for a day and I'll come clean your office...I've put so much work into this already..."

When I got off the phone, I immediately made the call to attempt to secure audience tickets. The number was to a voice mailbox. I wasn't getting a warm and fuzzy feeling nor any indication that anything human actually retrieved any messages left at that number. What next?... I tried the website. Unfortunately, at this time they are not taking requests for tickets... sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

2006 American Heart Walk! If you have a loved one who has suffered from heart disease, please take a minute and visit the website below. Thank you! Cynthia www.heartwalk.kintera.org/2006northwestfl