Cynthia "The View's" Next New Host?

This blog is about Cynthia and her journey to become the newest co-host on "The View"

Monday, August 14, 2006

Dear Mr. Bill

Below is a draft of the letter I am sending to Bill Geddie (He's the Executive Producer of "The View"). I look at this and wonder if I really have a chance at the brass ring or if I'm truly just hormonally challenged.

Dear Mr. Bill:

I want to be the next new host on “The View”. No, I do not smoke funky herbs. The truth is that (for some time) it has been my dream to become the next host for “The View” and up until now, real life just got in the way. Since timing is everything, I really hope my timing is finally right.

Four years ago (during a cathartic series of premature hot flashes), I realized my personal successes and challenges in life had given me more than gray hair. They gave me valuable experience-based knowledge. Since then, I have developed and co-hosted a local television talk show, written over 100 published columns on life and relationships and (finally) re-married. I found my "views" (which I shared openly) often validated the feelings and experiences of other women.

When Star left “The View”, I decided that since neither you nor Barbara had a clue that I existed, I had better get a plan into action. I think it’s important (yes, even at my age), to set your sights high. Of course the show will change when Rosie takes the lead; but it’s the unique communication dynamic that makes “The View” fun.

I know this is a long shot, but I will be in New York on September 29th and would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you. If September 29th does not work for you, then I would be happy to arrange my schedule to better suit yours.

Thank you.
xxxooo
Cynthia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

2006 American Heart Walk! If you have a loved one who has suffered from heart disease, please take a minute and visit the website below. Thank you! Cynthia www.heartwalk.kintera.org/2006northwestfl