Cynthia "The View's" Next New Host?

This blog is about Cynthia and her journey to become the newest co-host on "The View"

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A View of Cynthia

Much like me, this Blog is a work in progress.


Accent: Somewhat southern

Height: 5’6” is my height on a good day (when I’m wearing 3” heels). I may look petite, but I actually tower over most people who are shorter than me.

Weight: 119 lbs was my dream weight-at least it was about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen that number in quite a while because the numbers on my scale zip past it too fast and then I close my eyes. At this point in my life, I’d rather be healthy and happy than wear a size 4.

Hair: My hair is fabulous (whatever the color). I’d put my hair up against the tresses of Julia Roberts and Jennifer Aniston any day.

On Politics: Regan inspired Republican, but secretly voted for Gore (I don't recall why...maybe I drank the Kool-Aid). If anyone tells my parents, I will be cut out of their will.

On Love: I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out. After my first official divorce, I fell into another relationship that lasted 5 years. Unfortunately for the relationship, I wanted to get married. Unfortunately for me, Mr. Five Years didn't. I know he loved me; but since marriage was not an option for him, it was time for me to move on.

On Marriage: I have some experience in this area. I'm on husband number 3. I usually don't count marriage number 1. It was a Britney Spears kind of thing. Anyway, regardless of sexual orientation, political agendas and income taxes have made marriage a taxable entity and an emotional liability. Marriage should be a commitment and bond of the heart not the tax return.

On Plastic Surgery: Yes. I’m on a maintenance program. Last year I had my front end aligned. Maybe next year I'll get my tires rotated.

A Cynderella Story
1959: Born, Cynthia Ann Reisenwitz (tell me, would you go back to your maiden name??), Panama City, Florida. Tyndall Air Force Base

1959-1973: Lived in and around various military bases in Florida, Montana, Texas, Missouri, Iceland, Virginia, Kansas, Missouri (rumored to have attended Girl Scout Camp with Sheryl Crow), Kansas

1973: Settled in Niceville, Florida (I did not make this up)

1977: Graduated from Niceville High School. (Junior Miss, Drum Majorette with tall black boots, Hall of Fame)

1977-1980: Attended University of Florida (Secretly married during Christmas break), Okaloosa Walton Community College, Graduated from Florida State University (Secretly divorced).

After graduating from college in 1980 and armed with highlights, high heels and high hopes, Cynthia moved to the big city of Pensacola, Florida to seek her fortune. While she still hasn’t found her fortune, she earned a master’s degree, got married (a couple of times) and raised a daughter (still working on that one).

Over the past 20 years her experiences have lead her down the garden path where she has eaten crow, found her foot stuck in her mouth (multiple times), robbed from Peter to pay Paul and paid her dues.

Cynthia spent a few years in the trenches of a corporate marketing department before launching her own company. She worked long hours trying to find a niche. When it finally clicked, the company expanded quickly and was a very successful and nationally recognized creative design firm.


One night, her husband of 13 years (including natural childbirth) told her that he had found his soul mate (and it wasn't her). He met her on the internet...way before Match.com became so popular. Since Ms. Cyberchick lived in California, Cynthia figured their connection was more ether than reality. Of course, a trip to her family doctor provided evidence to the contrary.

Even after the gruelling pain of the affair, Cynthia was devastated when the divorce papers were delivered to her doorstop. The next 12 months were spent in emotionally draining long-distance divorce warfare. After the papers were signed and her finances and energy were exhausted, she was no longer able to cope with the stress of running a business. So, after 10 good years, the company quietly folded.

Uncertain of her ability to support herself and her daughter, in 1998, Cynthia accepted a job at a super regional bank. At that point she was grateful she had finished her master's degree and had a reasonably impressive resume. She quickly improved her position and became a loan officer for the bank's small business customers. Not the career she had planned, but one that benefited from her skills and paid the mortgage.

In February of 2000, she was diagnosed with an agressive form of breast cancer. Wondering if she would ever emerge from the black hole her life had become, she fought depression and other side affects associated with her toxic treatments. Today, Cynthia is cancer free and has new and improved breasts.

In 2003, Cynthia went through another mid-life crisis. Within the course of a month, she broke up with Mr. Five Years, quit her job and decided that what she really wanted was to be on "The View." Fortunately for her mortgage company she was quickly scooped up by another bank before her next payment was due.

In between jobs (approximately 2 weeks) Cynthia and some great girlfriends (Deborah, DeeDee, Donda, Suzanne) developed "Yadda Yadda" a local television talk show based on "The View". Cynthia figured that even though Barbara wouldn't take her calls (yet), she'd work hard and that eventually the stars would align and she would have a shot at a seat on the show. She was determined to pursue her dream (even if she had to keep her day job).

More to come....Pensacola News Journal columnist (Cynthia fired for writing about "living in sin")..... Independent News columnist for 2 years.... BLAB TV show better than ever....


In 2005, she remarried. Her husband, Jim Scheltema is both a CPA and an attorney. Cynthia never thought she'd fall in love with a "nice" guy. Her parents even like this one. (Some people think Cynthia kept her professional name as "Campfield" just to irritate her ex husband... an accusation Cynthia will neither confirm nor deny).

Now, with a teenage daughter, 2 teenage stepsons, a Jack Russell Terriorizer and a very busy husband, Cynthia is pursuing her dream of being the next co-host on "The View".


Check out my continuing efforts to become the next new co-host on "The View" can be found at: www.theviewwithcynthia.blogspot.com
or view some of my essays at www.yaddagirlz.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

2006 American Heart Walk! If you have a loved one who has suffered from heart disease, please take a minute and visit the website below. Thank you! Cynthia www.heartwalk.kintera.org/2006northwestfl